Thursday, March 6, 2014

Flannel Friday - Rainbow Stew

This year, the Library Village will be at the PLA in Indianapolis, Indiana the week I would've planned a St. Patrick's Day story time.  So, instead of forgetting the holiday altogether, I decided to do a rainbow story time with a hint of St. Patrick's Day green!  I was so excited to find Storytime ABC's flannel story Rainbow Stew.  I knew immediately that it would be perfect for my story time.  I can't wait to make some rainbow stew with the little ones..  I know they are going to love it!


Rainbow Stew
Take an apple
Put it in the pot.
Stir it, stir it, stir it a lot.
Take it out now. What will it be? The prettiest red you ever did see!
Take an orange
Put it in the pot.
Stir it, stir it, stir it a lot.
Take it out now. What will it be? The prettiest orange you ever did see!
Take an banana
Put it in the pot.
Stir it, stir it, stir it a lot.
Take it out now. What will it be? The prettiest yellow you ever did see!
Take an pear
Put it in the pot.
Stir it, stir it, stir it a lot.
Take it out now. What will it be? The prettiest green you ever did see!
Take some blueberries
Put it in the pot.
Stir it, stir it, stir it a lot.
Take it out now. What will it be? The prettiest blue you ever did see!
Take some grapes
Put it in the pot.
Stir it, stir it, stir it a lot.
Take it out now. What will it be? The prettiest purple you ever did see!
What did  we make with our rainbow stew?  A magical rainbow for me and you!

Thank you to Amy at Catch the Possibilities for hosting Flannel Friday this week!  If you would like to learn more about Flannel Friday, follow the link here!  Hope to meet many of you at the PLA!  

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! And kids love rainbows. I need to make this thanks. Thanks! ~ jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing something like this for years with a cauldron and plastic fruit and then pulling out a rainbow, all in one piece. I do like using (almost) real fruit, but I also like the idea of building the rainbow strip by strip. Thanks! I'm going to make a note of this!

    ReplyDelete