Friday, May 2, 2014

Flannel Friday - Lenny in the Garden!

This week in Baby Story Time we read books about bugs, and this adorable picture book by Ken Wilson-Max was just perfect!
(thanks to Mel's Desk for introducing it to me!)

I thought the illustrations were a little small to see from a distance, so I decided to make each insect out of felt!

First, Lenny sees an ant and a spider:

Next, a worm and a butterfly:
(note: worm = easiest felt piece ever!)

A caterpillar and a "ladybird":
(fun fact: Ken lives in London, obviously! He also writes "Mummy" on the first page!)

A snail and a grasshopper:
(I'm in love with this grasshopper, btw!)

And finally, a bumblebee:

And here is little Lenny, himself!:
 
This was a fun and easy set to make, and I can see using them in many different ways! Keep an eye out for my "Bugs" Baby Story Time, coming soon!  Happy Flannel Friday!
 
Thanks to Bridget at What is Bridget Reading? for hosting Flannel Friday this week!  Flannel Friday is for anyone interested in finding and sharing great flannelboard ideas!  You can learn more about Flannel Friday and how to participate here.


2 comments:

  1. OMG I am in love with this set! Great job Miss Kristen! I see so many uses for this set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing bugs next week....tis the season! Great set!

    ReplyDelete